Thursday, January 7, 2016

Burning the candle at both ends...

Our Mom had some wonderful expressions that I sometimes hear coming out of my own mouth.  I particularly remember her talking about feeling like she was "behind the eight ball".  For years I had no idea whatsoever what she was talking about.  I totally get it now, and unlike her, I don't even have a laundry room packed from floor to ceiling with boxes of Girl Scout cookies that need to be distributed to all the members of the troop.

Another of her particularly apt phrases was "burning the candle at both ends". Coming off a busy holiday season not so long ago, I am thinking that I am not alone in having felt both "behind the eight ball" and like I have been "burning the candle at both ends".  It's not always easy to make the holiday special for our families. For all of you out there who know what I mean -- Good job on that! Aren't you glad you could make it all happen?  Now -- we need to take some time for ourselves and maybe even put our feet up for a bit now and then. There is always tomorrow to "make a dent in things" (another of our Mom's favorite phrases).  

1 comment:

  1. Invite over some friends to help. "Many hands make light work." ;-)

    ReplyDelete