Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Morning Shower

Did you ever notice that the morning shower is sometimes more than just good hygiene?  Only on super chilly mornings do I dread entering the shower and then only temporarily, because when that warm water hits and begins to thaw me out -- heavenly is the word that comes to mind.  It's more than pleasant smelling soap and warm water though. For me, the morning shower has become a time of inspiration.  I don't know if it is because I have figured out things in my sleep and the shower awakens my brain, or if it is something else.  I read one time that the presence of water sometimes makes inspiration come more easily. (It's like in that old movie, Laura, where the old skinny guy writes his newspaper column while sitting in the bathtub.)  I guess I care less about the why or how; it's more that the shower time is often productive in solving problems, or in getting new ideas to explore, or in thinking of new ways of doing things.  Have you had this experience?

I don't often share this with people for obvious reasons.  I mean who goes around saying, "You know what I thought of in the shower this morning?" 
Although --  odder still is the story someone told me one time about his father suddenly making a appearance while he was in the shower.  His father was deceased.  Actually I was most interested in this -- didn't find it creepy at all...and, interestingly, neither did he. The whole "thing" was reassuring somehow.  Yet when I think about it -- there are few people I would want to share my shower with -- and all of them are alive -- and some of them don't even know me.  On second thought, I hope I can reserve my shower space to myself. I get a lot of good thinking done there.

No comments:

Post a Comment