Thursday, October 15, 2015

Heart Hugs

I had a wonderful friend who gave what he called heart hugs.  They were the kind of hugs where you wrapped your arms around each other and pressed your hearts together.  They were indescribably wonderful. He being much taller than I sometimes made these hugs hard to manage, but if I could find a step to stand on, they were perfect.  I miss him.

Recently on Facebook someone shared a copyrighted "photo" that made me remember these hugs.  It was a scene of Charlie Brown and Snoopy hugging. The words? "I love the kind of hugs where you can physically feel the sadness leaving."  I think the source was something like "You are My O2" It was sort of hard to see.  Anyway -- that is the best definition of a heart hug that I could ever imagine.  Perfect....

A wise woman once shared with me that she never passes up a hug. She is one smart lady as she is definitely a hugger and thrives on them. Not all people are huggers though. I think hugging may be a learned behavior and some families are just not into it.   I am from a hugging family and sometimes I am not into it.  I get it. 

Hugs are healthy in general. Not all may be heart hugs, but all hugs are a good thing...even the ones that send your glasses flying. I have taught my grandchildren the heart hug.  Some things are worth passing on from generation to generation.  I consider it a gift from my friend to them. They never had a chance to meet him. I think, as he did, that it is important to share the good things, the best things about people who have passed through your life, whose lives have been a blessing. It's a poignant kind of immortality -- if the best that was them continues on. 

Heart hugs all around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment