Thursday, October 7, 2021

My Body. My choice.

 

Happened to catch multiply reports on the Women’s March(es) 2021 on various “news” channels over the past few days.  Although the slant of the “reporting” varied somewhat, the placards and chants did not.

Of particular interest to me were the placards that read “Keep Your Laws Off My Body” and the loud chanting of “My Body, My Choice!”  They both refer to women’s right of choice in the abortion issue. Hmmm…

Methinks that the same could be said about mask and vaccine mandates. Now – in anticipating the argument that abortion and pandemic concerns are two separate and different issues… that masks and vaccines protect the world.  I say – what about protecting the unborn?

Yet--- I also say in regards to masks and vaccines… My Body, My choice. I would add -- Your Body. Your choice. It seems that not everyone respects the choices of others these days. Beyond sad really. It's not what I would expect in the United States of America.

Life is complicated and contradictory – especially in these times. Conflicts of all sorts abound.  I keep struggling to figure it out. Once again …  I am thinking that I am not alone in this. I am watching and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment