Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Work in Progress

As I look back over the blogs that I have written during the past couple of years, I cannot help but think that, at this stage of the "game", I am still very much a work in progress.  I think that is a good thing for a person.  Right?  There is something about the element of possibility in all that that appeals to me. 

On my desk in front of me is a quote written on a small piece of paper.  I read it at least once  --  every single day.  It says, "It is never too late to become who you always wanted to be". I take that very seriously.  It's hopeful.  It's comforting. It speaks of a tomorrow.  The thing is -- I do think of the tomorrows.  I find it sad that there are people who don't have dreams or who don't play with the possibilities of who they want to be/become. I find it sad that there are those who are caught in what was -- past tense. The fact of the matter is, there is a point when you are no longer who you used to be.  That is the way of a life.   It is true of all who live to a certain age.  It's important to let go of the parts of the past that hold you in place or -- that drag you down.  It is vital to move on  -- explore the possibilities.  Be thankful. We have all learned a lot throughout the years.  Now is the time to put that knowledge and experience to use.  It is not about how old you are; it is about who you are and who you want to become.  It is about who you are becoming.

Human beings don't always do the right things or make the best choices. That's is because we are ... human.  We are not supposed to be perfect. Some days we just have to put one foot in front of the other and try our best.  The key is to move. Look forward. Watch your step. Be nice to people. Enjoy....  

No comments:

Post a Comment