Thursday, September 5, 2024

Perfect ... Not Perfect ...

My sister once wrote to me about perfection and talked about all the effort wasted in trying to attain something that was impossible to reach -- ever --- that sometimes good was good enough. Oh how I wish she were still around so that I could ask her about it. She said it so well -- much better than I can relate the idea to you. Anyway --  I sometimes have to remind myself that the effort for perfection can be a waste of time ...  so that I don't keep on keeping on when I could have stopped whatever it was and it would have been okay -- just fine really and much less stressful.

A favorite refrigerator magnet reminds me of this every day.  "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful." Neither do you...  nor do I.  Nice; isn't it?  

My grandson seeded a "repair patch" the other day that covers a new drainage pipe the runs the length of my front yard.  We were walking the "pipeline" and checking out every little thing when I heard myself telling him that grass is nice to have, but weeds are just as green. Guess I wanted him to know that I wasn't that concerned with or interested in perfection.  I am okay with a good effort. Weeds, after all, have a certain perfection of their own.  Plus the fact...

Imperfections are sometimes the most fascinating characteristics of something or someone... at least I think so. Imperfection and/or uniqueness are things that make life truly interesting sometimes. Effort counts, but sometimes it is important to relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment