Thursday, August 1, 2024

These are a few of my favorite things...

Never a huge fan of The Sound of Music, but... I do love the song about favorite things.  It's the small things that sometimes bring the deepest joy.

Because of my continuing efforts to stay on the bright side as much as possible, I am listing my personal favorite things and thinking that you may share some of them (as that song runs through your head). 

At the top of the list of course are ...

  • Time with Family
  • Time with Friends
Then in no special order ...
  • The aroma of lilacs or honeysuckle
  • Sounds of children laughing
  • Amusing old words of the English language like balter which, I recently learned, means "to dance gracelessly without particular art or skill, but perhaps with some enjoyment".  It fits me. I balter sometimes.
  • Communicating with eye contact with someone across the room who gets it... no words necessary.
  • Spontaneous laughing like the kind that hits until the coffee you are drinking comes out of your nose.
And then there is the change of seasons in NW PA
  • Spring green
  • Blue skies of summer
  • Fall foliage and the smell of burning leaves
  • First snowfall of substance and the quiet of winter 
The more I think about favorite things, the more I think of important items to add.  Life is good sometimes.  Hang onto that.

No comments:

Post a Comment