Thursday, February 15, 2024

Hibernate...

 

People who believe that winter is a time of peace -- a time to heal and rejuvenate do exist.  I am one of them really, but... I need snow and feeling like I am snuggied in to get there.  This El Nino winter just doesn't do it for me.  Further it hasn't been healthy cold.  You know... the kind of cold that kills all the germs and the pesky ticks... the kind of cold that settles in the first of October and slowly fades away by May or June.  Those of us who grew up in snow country and sometimes ice skated to school on the top of impressively large snow banks, have a hard time accepting these warm dry winters. Seriously there have been times lately when it is warmer and drier in the woods of Northwest Pa than it has been in Florida.  The snowbirds must be shaking their heads and wondering if it was worth the price of gas to go South.  

Now that I have written this, it will probably snow -- a thick blanket to cover everything.  You know -- the kind of snow that brings a special kind of quiet and clean. If it does, then it was worth writing the above paragraph. Bring it on.  As for the ice -- I can do without that. I could do without blizzards as well.  I guess, though, you can't have it both ways.  If only...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment