Friday, January 5, 2024

Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr.

 Just finished watching President Biden's 1st speech of the 2024 election campaign.  I had watched some of the preliminary commentary on CNN as well as MSNBC to get a feel of the direction of coverage to be expected.  I did not watch follow-up commentary on any channel.  

Biden has not been my President, but I found the speech to be impressively strong -- if one were inclined to believe him.  The speech was also powerfully angry, vitriolic, hateful and emotional.  He spoke, not of any positive accomplishments of his Presidency, but rather focused on trashing Donald Trump  - at times misquoting him by taking words out of context and leaving out the important points of what Trump actually said. In this his speech was strong in its divisiveness.  He is not the President of all American people; that's for sure. He is not a unifier of the people as he promised he would be. 

He also planted the negative seeds of fear to discredit his main opponent by implying that Donald Trump has power hungry Nazi-like tendencies. It is clear that this will be the direction of his campaign. So Sad.  Biden loves the power that comes from fear mongering.  We have seen this in him before. When I look at the controlling big government of his administration, I shudder to think what else may be destroyed in another four years of such short-sighted, slow to act and react administration led by a self-admitted plagiarist who is, in my opinion a weakening, not too bright, easily led man who really isn't as much about the American people as he would like you to believe.

I could go on and on about this and that, but let me just stop with a mention of the irony of Biden speaking about the power of the vote in a Democracy when it appears that "his people" are doing everything possible to prevent his opposition from even being on the ballot.

At this point I am just wondering who wrote his speech.  It was not like the President of the beach chair, ice-cream cones, and naps that I have seen for the past three years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment