Thursday, February 17, 2022

Focus... Focus... Focus...

 

For quite a while now, I have been doing a bit of thinking about what is wrong with people. I am talking here mostly about the latest phenomena of airline in-flight brawls, general rudeness and impatience with store clerks and servers, etc.  Ugly. I have come to the conclusion that – at least in part – many have reached their breaking point with high levels of frustration generated by a complex combination of things like job stress, family stress, insane, power hungry, controlling, politicians, etc.  You know, the whole going to hell in a handbasket thing.  The feelings of helplessness are the worst. Then – I think people sometimes just get to the point of taking it out on anyone they can – including innocents who just happen to get in their way. It can be anything from shortness of temper or minor rudeness to - unfortunately -  episodes of stupidity/insanity that make national news. 

I have to talk to myself sometimes and, quite frankly, am thankful that I can write to sort things out -- and sometimes vent. I don’t like myself when I am short tempered or rude. I don't like other people either when they are.

It's difficult to be frustrated with life. Don’t we free people always want to be in control of our own lives? We are used to our freedoms.  It’s hard to see them being taken away – the loss of being able to manage your own lives, to deal with the consequences of mandates of government overreach, to see that hard work sometimes doesn’t make dreams come true… it’s hard… so hard. Then there is the whole hope for a better future for your children and grandchildren concern. Major…. Every parent in the entire world knows this particular hope. The thing is that the hardships of these times touch everyone in some way.  Unnerving for sure.  However – I am not one to give up hope.  Hope is a powerful thing and I will grab on to it wherever, whenever I can and hang on for dear life.  I think that individuals can "Mandate Freedom" in their own lives.  I have.

I saw a meme on social media this past week.  Perhaps you have seen it as well.  The title above a jumble of letters in bold face type reads something like -- The first 4 words you see is your focus for 2022.  Of course, I could not resist scanning the jumble to see where I might be headed.

                      Power… Alignment … Health … Strength 

I will gladly go with that, but just have to add a bit of a mantra…

                                   You. Can. Do. This. 

And so … we get closer to the end of the second month of the world of 2022. How are you all doing?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment