Thursday, March 18, 2021

Wish list in progress...

 

So… I have been thinking/wondering lately about what people really want these days. You know – what they really want deep down inside.  For the moment set aside the dangerous territory of politics – and that includes the extremists on the edges as well as the power hungry with all their scary antics. Also shelve the problems caused by the damncovid and other “stuff” that bogs you down.  Finally...  put away those worries about things you cannot change. Easier said than done, I know, but… just for now… think about basic concerns that all people may have in common. What do they wish for, hope for, want?  All people. All human beings. We are in this together after all. 

I know that I may need to amend this later on, but for now – this is what I have come up with (not in any special order).

   People want...

to know that they are safe.

to be free to live in peace.

to be able to think what they think without fear.

to be able to say what they want to say.

to share laughter.

to be able to stand on their own two feet.

to be allowed to live in ways of their own choosing.   

to be needed and loved.

to have a connection with others who share this journey.

to know that somewhere, somehow, they have made a difference.

I know that I am most likely leaving out important things.  I am hoping that you can add to the list. 

It’s a wish list in progress…  Sometimes wishes do come true.  Sometimes....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment