Thursday, March 11, 2021

Bigfoot... or?

So...  recently after a morning of binge watching a Bigfoot "hunter" trudge, huffing and puffing his way through hilly and thickly forested terrain while filming himself, I decided yet again that too much television is not a good thing. (Neither is taking the selfie trend to extremes.) Anyway -- this latest episode ranks right up there with my Netflix binging of a psychological series filmed in Belgium (with English dubbed in). Have you ever subjected yourself to watching hour upon hour of actors' lips moving in a foreign language and hearing English emerge? It is almost, but not quite, as awful as subtitles. Pitiful. Insanity....  This is what "it" has come to.  

All of this, of course, is the result of having gone on a self-imposed but temporary news blackout -- yet again.  I find that taking a break from the current "commentary" from all so-called "news" channels does wonders for my blood pressure.  Actually, I don't really know that it does anything at all, but I can't feel my pulse in my ears when on a "news" blackout ... so for me... it is lovely and feels very healthy. I just should not substitute with other TV shows like the ones described above.  

I think I just need to get outside more and breath.  It has been a long winter.  My son shared someone's Facebook post with me during the first week of March. It read: "So we just let March come back after the way it acted last year?"  How perfect is that?  I love the surprising bursts of humor that suddenly appear to brighten the day. I also found it amusing to use my leaf blower to clean off my back porch the other day -- so fun to send dry leaves flying across a snow/ice covered patio.  See what I mean about needing a sense of humor?  See what I mean about needing to get outside more and breath?

So -- let me know if anything else gets banned/cancelled, okay?  I do like to stay on top of things -- sometimes -- maybe even most of the time. Other times -- not so much. Sometimes a short break is in order. Sometimes a breath of fresh air is essential. No matter what -- I plan to open windows this week at least for a little bit. It's been a long winter.  It's been a long year. We all know that....

No comments:

Post a Comment