Sunday, March 14, 2021

What time is it?

So… we sprung forward this week….  That is a sure sign that time is passing. Nice to know.  Also nice really is that electronic devices are so self-sufficient.  That only leaves me with seven clocks to change by hand and that includes the clock in my Jeep and one wrist watch that I never wear.  Must mention that I have a couple of other watches in the drawer as well – all with dead batteries.  They are remnants of the years that I actually went to work every day and therefore needed to know what time it was. They are proof that at one time, I cared what time it was. I am surprised, actually, that I have so many clocks to set by hand.  I never really thought of myself as obsessed with time.

I guess the point I am getting to is that now – in addition to the damncovid induced day confusion, there is time confusion.  I will now go through a period of moving through the day telling myself that I know it is such and such a time, but really it is an hour ago. (Wait… is that right or…?)  I think of it as old time and new time.  I go through this twice a year. Thank goodness for the “Spring ahead; Fall back” thing or I would never know which way to move.  Anyone out there who is able to relate to this?  

Now as soon as Mr. and Mrs. Goose return to my neighbors’ pond for their yearly rest stop on their way north, I will start to believe that Spring and Summer are going to come this year after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment