Thursday, February 11, 2021

Truth or Consequences ...

 

A long time ago the American philosopher/preacher, Jonathan Edwards, wrote about two sides to every story and the importance of waiting for the truth to come out.  He obviously was a much more patient person than I. 

In light of the situation(s) today on a whole lot of issues – in this country and throughout the world -- it is most difficult to sort it all out – especially when it seems, at times, that only one side is listening.  So – if there are two sides to every story … and then there is the truth …, the question becomes one of -- whom do you believe?  The problem is compounded by this – I am not sure that I can believe or trust anyone in "positions of power" in these times (that includes all politicians, all big tech and... all forms of media).  It’s a dilemma, and... I do think that it is one that is shared by many. 

I just wish I had the ability to sort it all out and the foresight to know what the consequences will be for all of this …. For now, I will just believe and trust the people I actually know well enough to believe and trust.  It's a start.

I am listening….  I am waiting.... I just hope we don't have to wait too long for Truth. I am wondering if I will know it for certain when it does appear.  There is a lot of fear-mongering going on that muddies the waters -- on all sides of several important issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment