Thursday, July 28, 2016

"Rainy days and Mondays always ...."

Does the title of this week's blog have you singing that Carpenters' song of yore? Well, I don't know about Mondays, but rainy days, although sometimes welcome for the relief they offer from outside obligations (as in yard chores), sometimes do "get me down" a bit. So anyway -- last Monday when it rained off and on all day, I decided that it would be a "pick me up" to go through the stacks of catalogs piling up around my house.  It turned out to be a true morale booster for sure.  

As I dug through the pile, I began to focus on little plaques as well as T-shirts with fun "sayings". Those of you who follow my blog, may remember how much fun I have with the words on T-shirts.  Anyway -- I have come up with a list of my latest favorites in T-shirt and plaque sayings. I put my personal faves in bold type. Here we go  -- in no specific order:


  • Lazy People Fact # 35463098210 : You were too lazy to read that number.
  • A recent study has found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it.
  • I thought growing old would take longer.
  • No, you can't have the Wi-Fi password.  Talk to each other. Pretend it's 1995.
  • You know all those things you've always wanted to do?  You should go do them.
  • Always give 100% .. unless you're donating blood.
  • If you are grouchy, irritable or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge for putting up with you.
  • I'd grow my own food if I could only find bacon seeds.
  • Sometimes when I open my mouth, my Mother comes out.
  • Politicians and Diapers need to be changed often.. for the same reason.
  • oops...did I roll my eyes out loud?
  • You're never too old for nap time.
  • Don't grow up!  It's a trap.
  • Nope, No Monsters Here. Carry on. (Wish I had had this sign when my son was little and plagued by a creepy clown looking into his second floor window at night.
Okay -- just two more -- both of which are at the very top of my list.

Christopher Robin to Pooh: "pRomise mE you'll always REmEmber:
you'RE bRavEr than you bEliEve and stRongER than you sEEm and smaRtER than you thinK".

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end. (Unknown)  (Oh how I wish I could meet Unknown -- or Anonymous, for that matter. Even more -- I wish I could think of smart and lasting words that people would find important/meaningful enough to want to put on plaques or T-shirts.)

And so it goes... Please feel free to vote for your personal fave or -- to add to the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment