Thursday, December 10, 2015

News Fatique and The T-shirt

The past couple of weeks have been especially horrific on the news front, so once again I have banned CNN, Fox News and all regional TV news shows from my home. The ban also includes newspapers and magazines, both paper and online.  I need a break sometimes. Actually -- I have been known to "tune out" for months at a time. It may be shameful to be so out of touch, but I survive very well that way. Actually I am not only sick of listening to and watching news reports, but have become, at this time, totally intolerant of all the speculation that reporters engage in. Seriously, to describe them as self-impressed is an understatement. It rankles. Many reporters and broadcasters have become major irritants -- they so like to hear themselves talk and to interrupt each other and the people they are supposedly interviewing. Their rudeness is an assault. No viewer/reader has to subject him or herself to that.  

So -- today I think I will talk about the T-shirt. 

I like T-shirts - especially the long sleeved ones.  Not only are they comfortable to wear and require no ironing, but they are sometimes really fun to read. Some make me laugh out loud. Consider: 
  • Well, another day has passed and I didn't use ALGEBRA once.
  • Paddle Faster! I hear banjos.
  • Runs with Scissors
  • If you say "GULLIBLE" slowly it sounds like "ORANGES".
Am I alone in this?  I think not.  Try Goggling "Funny T-shirts" and see what happens.  I am curious though.  What is your favorite T-shirt?  You may include in your response/comment words from T-shirts that you think are funny, but that you would never wear. 

 For instance:            I meditate.
                               I burn candles.
                               I drink green tea, and...
                               I still want to smack some people.


Who thinks of these?  I would like to meet them, shake their hands and say, "Thank You for the break from the heavy stuff".






No comments:

Post a Comment