Thursday, March 14, 2024

Blessings in time...

I am blessed beyond my dreams and among my many blessings are three grandchildren ages 26, 17 and 13.  The thing is -- I don't understand.... How did they get to be so grown up so quickly?  It's remarkable. I look at them and still see them as children in my heart memories and yet -- they are not. It seems that it happened all of a sudden. I need to catch up. I had the same perplexing situation over time with my own children. Suddenly they are married, parents and ... poof... the years fly.  Wonderful, interesting and fun people all.  Like I said -- blessed beyond....

Was chatting with my granddaughter the other day and she asked me if I would like the viewpoint of a 13 year old. She was most serious about this. I responded that I would indeed like that, and I listened very carefully to her insightful perspective and realized, once again, how observant and smart she is.  My 26 yr old grandson called me from his car to check on me recently -- how nice is that? He was driving from Terre Haute, Indiana (where he lives) to some place in Illinois and took the time to call me. (I don't see him very often, so the call was especially welcomed.) Then a few days later my newly 17 year old grandson stopped in to do a few things for me that I probably (definitely) could have done myself but didn't want to... he stayed to chat a bit and didn't even seem to be in a hurry to be off.  Among other outstanding and positive traits, he has the most wonderful smile and ... shares it - something not always common at that age. Trust me. I know this having worked with teenagers for decades. Yes... I am blessed.  I am reminded in these memories that all moments of connection are important... each and every single one of them.

Time passes so quickly.  We all know that. We also all know that we need to cherish each day, each conversation, each shared moment, each blessing... gifts all. I am thinking that you, too, are thankful for your many blessings in time. It is those small moments of connection that are caught in memory. I also am thinking and reminding myself that it is important to share gratitude.  

 

" Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it." (William Arthur Ward)


No comments:

Post a Comment