Thursday, January 20, 2022

Snow brownies...

Monday, January 17, 2022   It is “snow quiet” in the predawn hours this morning.  There is nothing quite like it.  If you live in snow country or ever have, you know exactly what I mean. The day slows down a bit in a comfortable way… and the day hasn’t even started yet.  I remind myself to enjoy it while it lasts and not to think about the digging out part. 

The only sounds I hear are the fire in the fireplace behind me, the occasional independent plow guy driving by and the soft hum of my computer.  For a moment – all is calm.  It is going to be a snow day… and that means – among other things … drum roll ... Snow Brownies (and/or hot cocoa). At least that is the plan here.

Now … Snow Brownies are a family tradition that my sister started years ago. She always kept brownie makings on hand for those days in Richmond, Virginia when everything shut down because of snow.  Have to say that it seemed to me that they shut down if someone in the next county saw a snow flake off in the distance, but then again those of the South are not as prepared for snow as those of us who live in the snow belt of Northwest Pennsylvania. Either way – flakes or feet – snow brownies are a tradition that is worthy of celebration. My sister was always full of great ideas.  I miss her.

Actually, it looks like we may have a few Snow Brownie days this week… and that’s okay too. Home made from scratch, Milk chocolate, Fudge or Chewy Fudge store-bought mixes – all good -- with or without nuts.  Take your pick and be prepared. Snow Brownies are a lovely and comforting tradition for sure…one worthy of continuing. Let it snow… Let it snow… Let it snow…. (like we have a choice in the matter...)  

Just trying to look on the bright side....  Hope you all are safe and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment