Thursday, May 6, 2021

Part IV: Unexplainable, but interesting...

So – if you have been following this series about the unexplainable, but interesting, you probably have some idea of why I felt compelled to do some research on the land on which I currently live.  I want to figure out what is going on.  But before I can tell you about that research, I have to share with you that all of my family except for my 23-year-old grandson who had to work, were with me for most of this past week (party on), and they all mentioned things that they felt I should have included in my recounting of events.  For example, my daughter, who has really been in the thick of things with all of the activity here, agreed that I should include the recounting of the crying baby – so I am going to do that now. 

One of the times that the paranormal investigators were here, we went to my small barn – after dark, of course.  Darkness is apparently a part of the “fun” of paranormal investigation. I find it a bit creepy. Along with the investigators and me were my good friend who happens to be a medium, and I think my daughter was with us as well.  I know for sure that she was there earlier in the evening when other monumental things were going on. Anyway -- while in the barn the ghost hunters were running an EVP recorder to try to capture EVP’s (Electronic Voice Phenomenon). These are unexpected voices/sounds that are not readily heard by the living -- unless you are special.  Anyway -- activity was high in one of the horse stalls in particular.  My friend and I, lanterns in hand, were waiting quietly in another part of the barn, when she said: “Ask them if they have a baby with them.” Long story short, when the hunters checked the EVP recorder later on – there was a baby crying and then my friend’s voice saying -- you guessed it – “Ask them if they have a baby with them.” My friend has special gifts for sure.  So --- just add that occurrence to the list of the unexplainable, but interesting. Do you see now why I feel compelled to figure out what is going on with this land? (Must mention that activity was ramped up a bit while my family was visiting this past week -- even one of their dogs had a couple of rough nights. One never knows what it will be. Picture a trembling Basset Hound.

Moving on…

A bit of background info -- I had my home built on this land in 2001 and, at that time my parents lived on another portion of the land where they had lived from the late 1960s until their passing in February 2005. Inheriting the original parcel of land, I eventually had it subdivided after which I sold a small parcel of the original land that included my parents’ home and barn. One of the visiting mediums I mentioned earlier stood in my yard looking across the pasture at what had been my parents’ barn, and we had a hard time getting her to focus on my land.  She went on and on about how haunted their big white barn is -- going into some detail about the mischievous young boy who liked to hang out there.  I don’t think the current owners know the full extent of the goings on on my property, but apparently, they may have their own “activities”. Perhaps I will share the results of my land research with them if it amounts to anything.   Perhaps not.  This may be a good time to mention again that at another time ... another of the visiting mediums told me, with a most serious expression on her face, not to dig too deeply in my sun garden.  I have never felt quite the same way about weeding that garden and when Luna, my grand dog, digs there, I find myself holding my breath. I can go without knowing some things. Sometimes choosing ignorance is okay.

To continue …

My hope is to figure out who is passing through my home and to find a way to politely ask them to stop tapping and grabbing people on their way to wherever it is they are going. That familiarity is unnerving to those who are not used to it and is sometimes embarrassing to me as a hostess.  Oh – and also, I would like to figure out how to get them to stop smoking and stinking up my house while they are here. Quite frankly I don’t think that is too much to ask.  They can smoke and do whatever else they want to do outside.  At times I find myself wondering if they even know that they are passing through my home.  Then again – they must know if they pause to tap my granddaughter on the head, to grab sleeping people, or to rattle hangers in a clothes closet… not to mention that some think there is a harmless old fellow who just sort of camps out in the basement. That gives one pause.  Think about it. Sometimes these entities even talk to people.  I may skip telling you about all of those episodes. It’s a bit much.

The thing about research into the history of this land is that there are interesting fingers of information that push one in a lot of different directions – each one holding perhaps a tidbit of information that could be an important piece of the puzzle. It is sometimes a bit of a jumble -- difficult to untangle. Who were these early people in what is now Wayne Twp., Erie County, Pennsylvania?  Can they give me a clue as to what is going on here?  Earlier I mentioned the Beaver Dam Columbus Turnpike and the Abolitionist activity with the Underground Railroad.  Turnpike Road is very close to my land – easily within a few minutes’ walk.  It is hard not to speculate that some travelers may have made their way to the natural springs on my property as they headed north to freedom.  No evidence… just speculation. Perhaps there is a type of residual haunting here. I just don’t know….

 

But – there are other possibilities to consider as well.

2 comments: