Thursday, December 10, 2020

Post Thanksgiving/Pre Christmas

Has there been a time in the past year when we have not been in the midst of a Covid Infected Election Process? (CIEP) Bless us all. It's a double burden.  Anyone else need a break?  Thank goodness we have the holiday season to help us get through. Right now we can look back fondly on Thanksgiving and look forward to Christmas.   We can hang on to the after and to the before of these celebrations for sure... although... changes have been made there -- even if not mandated by crazed in-power personages. For example, I know for a fact that some "ordinary" people started decorating for Christmas before Halloween in these unusual times.  Good for them. Not to mention that I also know for a fact that some families in NW PA did not eat outside on Thanksgiving as suggested by someone who obviously doesn't know what is going in the real world. Gatherings may have been smaller and perhaps simpler, but...  I don't know about your house, but at mine it was rainy and in the 40's.  Inside was lovely.  We do what we need to do to cope with this most unusual year. Obviously many of the politicians are doing what they need to do to cope - flying here and there to large family gatherings, eating in fancy restaurants, etc. while telling us to stay home alone. Is there anyone out there who does not detest such hypocrisy? Yep -- we need a break.

It has been a year of, shall we say...  a combination of challenges. Wonder if we will ever be able to look back on these times and laugh.  I am betting that we will. I actually know people who make me laugh even today.  I love them for that. I know people, for example, who are considering giving toilet paper for Christmas gifts -- if they can find any. Who wouldn't see the humor in that -- even though it is really a discouraging situation?  Right? I see people all over the place who have not lost their sense of humor and who can make fun of the hardships and reach out, at the same time to help others who are trying their best to "keep the smile".   As for the grouchy of the gloom and doom.... Weary of them yet? I would never suggest what you should do as far as this is concerned except perhaps to suggest to them that it might be a good idea to turn the channel.  Personally... I have come to the point where I ignore them whenever possible.  You can't help them anyway.  They are enjoying their personally embraced "dark winter". It's exhausting to watch them or to be around them. It's sad. And... they will try to suck you in. "Misery loves company" and all that. Be careful! Hang in there! 

I recently saw a meme on social media that says, "Scientists have found that one dog year does not equal 7 human years. In fact, the only thing that equals 7 human years is 2020."  Twisted perhaps, but funny too. I tell myself often --  Smile.  Your kids and grandkids are watching. Living in these times brings out who I am at the core ...  and hopefully that is who I want to be. I am thinking that you know exactly what I am talking about.  


2 comments:

  1. We will make it. I can't help but think back to the soldiers (many of them our fathers) stationed on battle fields for not one, but maybe more than two holiday seasons and feel that I have no right to complain. I'm at home, comfortable, can communicate freely with family and am able to help those needing help in my community. While our enemy is a virus, we can band together and win this struggle just as those before us have won their struggles.

    ReplyDelete