Thursday, March 24, 2016

There's a time and a place....

Daylight Savings Time began on Sunday, March 13th,  and in spite of reminding myself repeatedly that the change was a comin', guess who forgot to set her clocks ahead before she went to bed?  Guess who overslept?  Good thing that most of my clocks set themselves or I probably would still be thinking an hour earlier than it is.  A good friend told me that she heard on the news that it can take up to three weeks for a body to adjust to the time change and she was comforted by that -- sort of a message that you are not alone in this.  It's always nice to think that there are others out there who "get it".  

So anyway -- if that news report was correct I have another week to go. That is something to hang onto,  but -- considering that the change was almost two weeks ago now, and I am still time confused, quite frankly I am concerned. Never one to adapt well to any change -- this time issue gets me flummoxed every single time it happens. Actually I am not sure that I ever completely successfully adapt to a time change -- I just hover around in a limbo of trying to get used to what time it is and figuring out what time is used to be until I realize that is stupid and stop doing it  ... until the time changes yet again and then I start all over again.  It'a a loop. It's one of those things. It is a part of who I am.  I don't find it to be a good thing.

I do, however, muddle through even if I almost always forget to change the time on my thermostat that controls the temperature of my house throughout the day. I just got up and checked -- the thermostat has been on Daylight Savings time all winter. I don't even care what this meant as far as my house getting colder earlier than it was supposed to -- or did it cool down later?  I get all confused as to what it all means.  Inside my head I just keep repeating, "Fall back; Spring ahead". 

As I write all of this, I wonder if my Jeep has the correct time displayed.  I hope so, because I don't know how to change the time on that clock.  I have only had that vehicle one year now.  How many time changes should that have been if I bought it in March of 2015?  Well -- that clock has been right, part of the time for sure, so there is that. Right?  Maybe it is even correct now.  That would  be a plus for sure. 

I wonder if this time issue is why I hardly ever wear a watch?  In fact -- although I have a few inexpensive fun watches, I don't think any of them has a functioning battery at this time, but that is another whole issue.  There's a time and a place....  Right?



       

No comments:

Post a Comment