Thursday, February 25, 2016

The importance of lists...

There are times when I need to work though a bit of a writer's block and one way I have of doing this is to make lists of things.   Yesterday I was feeling the pressure of not having enough posts waiting in line to "go live" on my blog, and so the list making began.  Before I tell you what I came up with though, I have to confess that I am a list maker by nature.  I make lists every single day of my life -- or almost every single day.  I make these To Do lists so that I don't forget things, so that I feel productive, and... simply because I love to check items off after they have been accomplished.  I do so love those check-marks. There is little that makes me feel like I have utilized my time well more than a fully x'd out list at day's end.  What can I say?  I know there are many out there who do the same thing -- with their own personal touches. I have asked around. (I even know someone who crosses out the entire line in various colors of magic marker.  She is totally "normal" is all other aspects of her life -- as far as I can tell.)

Anyway -- back to the writer's block list making thing. For some reason I began to focus on peeves yesterday. I worked diligently on making a list of things that annoy me beginning with my compulsion to fold fitted sheets neatly and ending with Kim Jong-un's haircut.  (Oh come on -- you know who I mean. Seriously....)  Have you seen pictures of his wife, by the way?  Ri Sol-ju is really quite cute.  Suddenly I find myself wondering what they talk about at the dinner table. (Talk about walking on egg shells.)   

So -- to refocus and to move away from scary stuff --  here is my list of things that annoy me:
  • folding fitted sheets
  • everything about the metric system
  • that I can never remember how to pronounce nuclear or how to spell prescription 
  • that I always have to look up the difference between affect and effect 
  • that there is no "x" in espresso
  • the way President Obama skips as he deplanes and that he doesn't even hold on to the railings. (Show-off)
  • Hillary Clinton's clothing -- style and colors
  • Kim Jong-un's haircut.

Please feel free to add some of your favorite annoyances in the comment area or share with me the next time I run into you.  I would love to know....  I would also like to know if you will confess to being one of "us" as far as the actual list making is concerned. It's not a bad thing.  Lists are important.  

2 comments:

  1. Lists of daily duties, rehearsal order, grocery needs, recipes for the week... are all part of my weekly list repertoire. I love them! :) My scariest pet peeve at the moment: Who in their right mind would consider Donald Trump as President?? eek!

    ReplyDelete