Thursday, August 27, 2026

Who Knew?


Sleeping like a normal person is not my best talent.  I tend to wake up in what most would consider the middle of the night.  I actually don't mind this unless, of course, I have to stay up later than 8 PM.  Anyway  -- when one tends to go online in what I consider to be the lovely, peaceful wee hours of the morning, it is easy to run across unusual tidbits of information that even though you could live without knowing -- may start off the day in an interesting way.  Further  -- in my opinion --  interesting tidbits of information are, perhaps, underrated or all too often -- ignored.

Now ...  before I reveal my latest find, I must qualify that I did not verify the accuracy of any of these relationships.  I just accept the validity because I choose to believe. I figure this willing suspension of disbelief is okay in this situation, and just plain fun.  The source is a genealogist named Christopher Child, who is highly respected in his field from what I can find out.

So... here we go.  The following pairs of celebrities are cousins -- some close and some distant. 

  • Katy Perry and Taylor Swift
  • Lady Gaga and Madonna
  • Glenn Close and Brooke Shields 
And ... my personal fave for no logical reason:
  • RuPaul and Cory Booker (I think I even see a family resemblance here. Apparently, I am not alone in this.)
So... I know this isn't as inspirational as a thought for the day, but ... I'm hoping you might also find it to be fun. Fun is a good thing, methinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment