Thursday, July 30, 2026

Camper Robots

 

Perhaps we each have our own favorite "things" to do. I think, though, that there are many Interests that have become subcultures.  It’s like people who go to soccer games half way around the world, or devoted NASCAR fans, or people who travel long distances for antique car shows.  They probably think I am a boring person because I like to stay at home. Then again I am a Jeep Wrangler person - at least for now. Jeepers are definitely a subculture -- we even have our own wave and share ducks. Another case in point ... campers. I have a good friend who camps in a small camper almost every weekend on a nearby lake. She and her husband have “camper” friends during the summer weekends and so look forward to the comradery.  It’s their thing.  They share food and campfires, etc.  I think I would like the food and the fire-side chats ...  although ... I would have to adjust to staying up later. I would not, however, like doing all the normal chores in a smaller space.  

On a different level of camping, it looks to me like some of the World Cup Soccer people from other countries rented those huge RVs to travel across the US from place to place.  I follow one of them on FaceBook who has been here for two months – loving every minute – he and his wife even rescued a dog that was abandoned along the roadside.  They now plan/hope to move to the US of A because the UK has become so socialist and sad… not to mention specifically the lack of freedoms -- like being sent to jail for what you say online.  Anyway -- they have experienced America in what I think of as a traveling house.  Amazing.  Wonder if he knew how to drive on the right side of the road before coming here and if he knew how to back up in one of those? I don’t even like backing up my driveway from the mailbox. I simply cannot imagine driving in reverse in any type of camper – trailer kind or traveling house kind.  Yikes.  (I have always secretly admired those who manage driving semi tractor trailer trucks, large construction and farm equipment, and ... bus drivers. They are awesome.)

Anyway --  I don't want to tow or drive any kind of camper, but it is fun to think about. Maybe if I had a robot to clean the camper and do the driving and cooking.... Hmm ... camper robots... bet they could figure out how to park a camper no matter what size -- and even how to drive it in reverse if necessary.   Now that is an interesting idea.  Someone should mention that to Elon. Oh wait -- I  bet he already thought of it. Then again -- robots of any sort are sort of creepy.  Don't think I would want to share a camper with one even if I could throw a sheet over it at night or put it into a camper robot closet and keep it there except when needed.  (If there were such a thing as a camper robot closet, mine would have a strong lock on the door.  Just sayin'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment