Thursday, January 26, 2023

There... There.... No need to worry....

 

The other day I watched President Biden get all huffy about the current trend of discovering Top Secret documents appearing in dribs and drabs all over the place, and he said that there was no “there there”.  Now I usually consider myself to be sort of "up on" current phrases, but I was clueless.  Then, to my growing annoyance,  almost immediately newscasters on every channel were “there thereing” all over the place and my head was swimming.

"There... There...". Here I thought  "There... There..." was something people said when patting the head of a crying child – you know – trying to comfort them.  Sometimes the phrase was extended a bit as in – “There..., There..., now”.   No – I googled it .  "There There" is  idiomatic.  It means there is nothing there.  Duh.  Who knew?  As far as I am concerned though…  President Biden’s use of this phrase ranks right up there with his “No Joke!”, whisper…whisper… and his cringe worthy “C'mon man” – all of which I think are sort of pitiful really. I wish he would stop trying to be so cool. It doesn't wear well on a man of his age and position. A President is not a "regular guy"... a Joe cool.

I guess the translation is that we should not be concerned that he and a whole bunch of people illegally have and have had Top Secret documents. All of a sudden lawyers and these docs are rising from the muck all over the place. There There now – no need to worry.  There is no there there. President Biden has spoken.  Hmmm.. That does not inspire confidence.

Personally, I have had enough of all of it. Truth will out...

No comments:

Post a Comment