Thursday, December 15, 2022

Starting off on the right foot...

 

As I attempt to work on this blog today, parts of my brain are competing.  It is a tossup as to whether the Christmas music that is stuck in my head on replay or my ideas for the blog will win out.  I am hoping that the “sleigh bells in the snow” will become a soft background music. Fingers crossed. I am trying.

Okay – so here it is. Thanks to an unasked for and unappreciated latest update, my trusty old android is now able to give me a weekly report on how I am spending my phone time.  This week I spent 38 minutes texting, 16.7 minutes looking around on Amazon and over an hour on Facebook.  This, of course, does not count all the time that I spent on my HP PC or the iPad. This iPad is a device with which I am still not on friendly terms.  Someday, perhaps, someone will find said iPad on the bottom of what I call my horse pond and wonder how it got there.  The pond will know, of course, but seems to be very good at keeping secrets. It has shared literally nothing with me over the years.

Anyway – all this got me to thinking about how I spend my electronic time as well as wondering why my android is tracking my behavior.  I did not ask it to. It bothers me a bit -- but I will think about that later. For now -- this report called to mind something I saw on Facebook this week.  It was a word jumble provided by “Love quotes for you”.  (Isn’t that a gentle and lovely name?) Apparently the first four words that jump out to you from line after line of letters with no spaces in between will be your Mantra for 2023. I was game.

I liked the first four words that I saw, so I went ahead and picked four more. I stopped there, but wondered how many more I could find if I really tried, but my time was limited.  Anyway – here they are - in no special order:

                  POWER  LESSON  PURPOSE  CONNECTION

                   CREATION  STRENGTH  CHANGE  FAMILY  

Then, because I am a sentence person,  I went about putting them all into sentences – one of which I could use for my mantra for 2023.  I came up with a few actually.  I will spare you the details. They were all very wordy and heavy on strong nouns.  Even so -- I must mention that I like positive games for sure.  I am hanging on to the positive as we get closer and closer the beginning of 2023. I like new beginnings as well.  Things positive and new beginnings form a strong combination -- hopeful and somehow comforting.  It is a combo that helps one to put the best foot forward when starting a New Year. Trying counts... at least that has been my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment