Thursday, December 9, 2021

Never a dull moment...

 

It’s been a nutty few weeks -- annoying, but minor "stuff", in the grand scheme of it all.  We have all had such times.  The thing is ... for me … it is essential to find something humorous at such times.  So… here’s the deal.  The situation involves two, totally separate occurrences.  #1 is the survey that Best Buy wants me to submit, and #2 the shipment of a heavy cylinder of O rings I received from a family-owned company in Texas - O rings that I never ordered. Exhale.

Let’s start with Best Buy and I will make this a painless as possible for you to read.  On October 1st, after an extensive and exhausting search for a white double wall oven unit to replace my 20-year-old one, I found one online at Best Buy in Erie, PA (44 miles/32.7min) from my home.  Perfect. (White, by the way, is apparently no longer a socially acceptable color in new appliances – totally out of the popular spectrum and therefore almost impossible to find.  So, of course, that is the kind I love the most. It matches my kitchen.  I like what I like and the finish doesn't show fingerprints.)  Anyway – It was delivered and installed on November 1st by two pleasant young fellows sent, for some unknown reason, from Akron, Ohio (150.8 miles/2hrs24 min) from my home.  When they left my house both ovens worked perfectly, but they installed the double ovens leaving them sticking out 2 inches from the wall cupboard – necessary because there was a junction box behind them that needed to be moved and these nice fellows would not/could not move it.  Okay – I understand.  So… I had the junction box moved by others and the oven fit perfectly – except it was discovered in this final process that the Akron installers had broken an important piece that holds the control panel in place – or perhaps it came broken. Who knows?  Duh…  

Long story short – Best Buy has no email address for any customer support so... I wrote them a letter.  I had pictures that I so wanted to attach to an email so that they could “see” the situation.  Crickets. More Crickets. And here I was having taken the time to learn how to move pics from my phone to my PC and how to attach them. Sigh…  So – I contacted the appliance company itself.  They do have a customer support email.  Immediate response. They loved my photos and sent an appliance repairman on December 2nd.  He ordered the necessary part(s) from his phone and will be back on the 16th to replace whatever it is that needs to be replaced.  They will bill Best Buy. I had, after all, purchased that pricey five-year- warranty.  Note – I still have heard nothing from Best Buy… except ...  they just sent me a customer satisfaction survey. And guess what – you can attach pictures.  😁 I am going to have fun with this survey for sure. I will let you know if Best Buy actually puts my review on their website.  I am not betting the ranch on it. Oh --Guess what? Update! Best Buy did post my review … and they are sorry – yet -- still did not offer an email address. Said I could chat with them or call.  I am just not into chatting online – the answers seem to be computer generated by a slow-running machine with a human name that doesn’t read well, doesn't grasp what you have already described,  and asks you stupid questions that have nothing to do with the problem. Further…I don’t really have the patience for in-person calling unless it is absolutely the best option for the situation. (You probably noticed this lack of patience in my response to things before this point ….  I get that.)

As for the O rings....  Amazon let me know that the backorder for the weed torch I wanted was cancelled as they could no longer get that particular brand. I found it at this family-owned company in Texas in about three minutes, so I ordered it. To continue -- although Olga, with a smiley face, had checked the order – alas – they had shipped me a heavy cylinder containing a sack of 2” O rings instead of the torch.  I called them (the best option) and who did they connect me to?  Olga.  Olga sounded overworked and shorthanded … but…  we ended up having a lovely chat and she was going to send me the weed torch immediately. I am not holding my breath, but I did believe her.  I like her. We will see.  She said to keep the O rings - for now.  Not sure what that means.  A good friend of mine suggested that I could make jewelry out of them.  Hmmm…  Update!  Huge thanks to Olga.  The Bluefire 32” Weed Torch arrived safely to my porch. I still don’t know what to do with the O rings….  Ideas? I am just hanging onto them --for now.

So…  those two things are on my mind at the moment.  One thing for sure… I would rather think about stuff like this than the current state of affairs politically, or of the anxiety mongering media, or the perpetration of the fears of the damncovid by those “in power”. I am sick of all of that. "Stuff" like that seems to be always there seething under the surface. It may even have something to do with frustration levels and a lack of patience.  Don’t know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment