Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Wise Man Once Wrote


Many years ago when a dear friend of mine died most unexpectedly, someone forwarded to me a letter that he had written to one of his aunts and uncles following the death of their son.  The words of this letter have remained with me as some things do from time to time, and today I want to share his idea with you.  I know that people of a certain age have the loss of loved ones in common, and it is my hope that his words will be a help to you at some point as they continue to comfort me. 

In this letter -- my friend wrote that he always found it to be important to take some of what is the best of the person you have lost and to make those qualities a part of who you are or of who you wish to become. In that way -- each one of us lives on in another. It is a bond of love and respect. There is no higher tribute.

My family lost a most special person earlier this week.  I hope to be able to take even a little bit of her courage and strength and to make it a part of who I am. This is my tribute to her... my remarkable cousin... Kathy Buesink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment