Thursday, February 12, 2015

There's an app for that....

Have trouble making friends or organizing your closet?
Want to learn how to play the sitar or to follow police scanners? 
Need to find info on nearby ghost hunting possibilities or perhaps want to check the McDonald's menu?

It seems that no matter what the desire, interest, or need, there's an app for that.  What interesting times we live in. The words "There's an app for that." are now as familiar or even more so than "Where's the beef?" 

Now that I have figured out what an app is, here are a few questions I have. Who designs apps?  Do you have to go to school for that?  Can you make your own app?  Is there money in doing so? As with so many "techy" things, I am at almost a total loss here.  I sit back and watch. The whole process is amazing.  For example -- in answer to one of my questions -- I saw on TV that one of those, who some might call a workout lunk, hired an app designer to create his own app to demonstrate his muscle building prowess. That he is also showing off his heavily tattooed upper torso and abs, of which he seems to be most fond, is beside the point.  Wear a shirt for crying out loud. (Uh oh  - "I'm sorry.  Did I type that out loud?") -- Apps aside for a moment - I wish him well with his fifteen minutes of fame.  He is young and doesn't realize that not all men can be Jack LaLanne. He doesn't see "it" (the ab to flab progression) coming.  I think we need to give him some room. It's only kind.  I mean -- what happens to tattoos on a body as a person "matures"? Wait a minute -- Is there an app for tattoo removal?  Probably. Never mind -- problem solved. 

....  .... I cannot imagine what else new will happen in the field of apps - probably in the next nanosecond. It seems like just yesterday that I was wondering what .com meant or how the Internet could function without wiring. Hang on everybody... this new app phenomenon is opening up new worlds of which we never imagined. 

Note... my daughter ran across an app that she suggested I consider for this blog entry.  It is called "Ghost in your photos - Prank" and is described as a "Funny joke to insert ghosts in your photos and cause fear and terror". Sounds like fun to me.  It's free, so of course I had to try it.  My grandson and granddaughter, delightful imps that they are, relished the thought of participating and of being the subjects of the photo. My daughter handled all the technology -- of course. Okay -- here's the deal.  We had so much fun.... The thinking was that we would send this haunted photo to my son and to my sister and let them discover, with appropriate horror, that there was a creepy shadowy figure lurking about the children. That's exactly what we did. Then we waited with bated breath for their response. No response from either of them. They just commented on how cute the kids are.  Neither my son nor my sister even noticed the long-haired, spooky apparition.  What a disappointment! Huge.... We had to give hints.  Once he "got it", my son was going to see what kind of reaction he could get from my daughter-in-law and other grandson.  I haven't heard back on that as yet. Not easily fooled -- ever, my sister agreed that cabin fever had set in and suggested that we need to get out more. She's right of course. Is there an app for that?


  




No comments:

Post a Comment